This birthday seemed to sneak up on me, which I am more than okay with. The past year has brought me strength, courage, and the desire to pursue my own dreams. I’ll be honest, I am just grateful to be here. In turn, I thought I would share what 35 looks like through my eyes.
This is 35…
- For me, 35 is driving a minivan because I am no longer in denial that this is my life.
- 35 is covering my body in sunscreen daily because I understand that pale is the new tan. (Or at least telling myself that it is…)
- 35 is going to bed at 9, unashamed that I do not want to even attempt to be cool and stay up late.
- 35 is discovering my love for writing and desire to pursue a career that encompasses it.
- 35 is having way too much excitement for a new appliance or throw pillow.
- 35 is walking into a room and not remembering why I entered it (more often than I would like to admit).
- 35 is loving the tar out of my three children and still feeling overwhelmed by their chaos at the same time.
- 35 is counting down the moments until my children’s bedtime, then promptly missing their company once they are asleep.
- 35 is constantly looking tired, but coming to terms with that just being my face now.
- 35 is being perfectly content with staying home, as going out after 8 seems crazy.
- 35 is knowing what you want out of life…but not knowing at the same time.
- 35 is never taking friends and family for granted, and understanding the value that comes with investing time in relationships with them.
- 35 is resilient, happy, dedicated…and thankful. Thankful for family, thankful for friends, and thankful for each and every one of you.
Another year around the sun is complete, and this is 35.